As you enter the busiest time of the year, you may find it harder to make time for yourself. This year, try to dedicate some time to regroup and recharge your batteries. You will feel much better about yourself and much more capable of handling the holiday season.
Perhaps a private yoga lesson will help you dedicate a little “me” time. Or better yet, give the gift of yoga to a friend or family member. I can provide you with a gift certificate for private yoga lessons with me.
For the month of December, I am offering 10% off all private yoga lessons. This includes package deals! Lessons can be purchased in December, and then used up to 6 months. You can book appointments consecutively or spread them out. For more information, contact me through my web link, face book or email.
This week in my classes we will be focusing on inversions to change our perspective, face our fears, and build our self confidence. Inversions take patience, determination, faith, and a little playfulness. Make sure to check with a yoga teacher for any contraindications before practicing any inversions.
Here are some teaching tips for handstand.
- Place your mat short side against the wall.
- Begin in down dog & make sure hands are shoulder width apart
- Creases of the wrists face the wall
- Step one foot forward and shift your shoulders over your wrists
- Root your palms down and kick u to the wall
- Engage the muscles of the upper arm and keep your arms straight
- Engage your thighs and draw your bottom towards the ceiling
- Hold a few cycles of breath
- Come down and rest in child’s pose.
Take care of yourself. Breathe. Relax. Have Fun!