Ardha Chandrasana ( Half Moon Pose) improves coordination and concentration. It relieves pressure in the abdominal area and helps reduce sciatic discomfort. For me, this pose is very healing. Not only does my back feel better, but I feel more in tune with myself, less tense, and more stable in my emotions. If you struggle with balance, position your body against a wall for support, or use a chair to help you feel more stable.
Here are some tips o get in the pose:
- Begin in triangle pose with your front heel in line with the arch of the back foot.
- Bend your front knee a little and hop your back foot a little closer to the front foot.
- Shift your torso and arm forward and reach your finger tips about a foot in front of your foot and to the outside of your pinky toe.
- Float your back leg up as you press down with your front foot.
- Flex your foot of the raised leg and bring your arm up.
- Soften your front ribs down and firm your hips in.
- Hold for a few breaths and then repeat on other side.
- Finish with Uttanasana ( forward fold) to calm the heart rate and relax the back.
This is one of the pictures from my photo shoot on the beach in Malibu. Stay tuned for more pictures to be posted!
Thank you Amber for an amazing day and these fantastic pictures!