There has been a lot of debate on whether PEEPS are good and why they are so popular at Easter time. 700 million PEEPS are sold each year. Some people feel so strongly about it that I have heard them debating their views on PEEPS on the radio. In 1953 it took 27 hours to make just one PEEP, today it takes just six minutes.
Here are some more fun facts:
- In the late 1950’s PEEPS wings were “clipped” to give them a sleek, modern look.
- In the 2014 Easter season, cake flavored PEEPS were released.
- Yellow is America’s best selling color of PEEPS chicks and bunnies.
- Yellow and white PEEPS chicks and bunnies came first, followed by pink, lavender, blue, green and orange.
- If you had 8,000 PEEPS bunnies, and you stood them in a straight vertical line, you could reach the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago.
- Certain PEEPS are free of gluten, dairy and egg!
With all the stress and problems going on in our lives and in the world, I thought that we should pause and take moment to thank PEEPs for giving us something else to talk about! PEEPs are adorable, colorful, and allow themselves to stand out in a crowd. They inspire smiles, laughter and are simply enjoyable. Whether you like to eat them or not, you cannot deny the inner child in you that smiles when you see them.
And now as you can see above, PEEPS are taking to yoga to handle the stress and demands on them from this time of year! My friend Julie sent me this picture and I totally brightened my day and made me smile. I hope it brings you a smile and brightens your day too.
Happy Spring everyone!