Here is another photo from my photo shoot with Shlick Art. This week we will focus on heart openers to help lift our moods as the season changes. Up dog is a very up lifting pose and can help increase flexibility in your shoulders and back.
Here are some tips to get into the pose.
- Start on your stomach and slide your wrists under your elbows.
- Press the tops of your feet down and lift your knees.
- Spin your inner thighs up and draw your buttocks towards your heels.
- Peel your chest up and stand on hands and feet.
- Draw your shoulders back and continue to press your thighs up.
- Hold five breaths.