As Valentines Day approaches this week, allow yourself to open your heart to others and to yourself. Learn to love who you are, what you have, and where you are going. Utilize poses such as camel to help release constrictions around your heart. After practicing this pose you will feel liberated and filled with peace.
Here are some teaching tips:
- Start on all fours and then bring your torso up.
- Have your feet and legs hip distance apart.
- Draw your buttocks towards the back of your knees and spin your inner thighs back.
- Lift your frontal hip bones.
- Lengthen your spine from the pelvis to the crown of the head.
- Lift your chest toward the ceiling spread your collar bones wide.
- Draw your shoulder blades in and continue to lift your chest.
- Rotate your arms behind you and place your hands on your tail bone- fingers down.
- You may stay here or reach for your feet.
- Slightly gaze upward.
- Hold 5 breaths and slowly release.
- Sit on your heels for a moment with your palms on your heart.
- Embrace the love and inner peace.