This week we will be focusing on twisting poses. Twists provide a “squeeze and soak” action that aids in digestion and in spinal mobility. They also assist the lymphatic system, strengthen the back, improve energy levels, and facilitate letting go and bringing in the new. Just perfect for the holiday season.
Here are some teaching tips:
- Start sitting on the floor with your legs straight out.
- Bend your right knee and place your foot over the left leg.
- Lean over to the left as you fold your leg knee and bring your foot around.
- Sit up tall with your hands above your head.
- Inhale and twist over your left leg.
- Place your right elbow on your knee and right fingers on the floor.
- Keep extended your spine as you gently revolve the torso.
- Hold five breaths.
- Unwind the body slowly and repeat the pose on the opposite side.