“The sun’s nurturing heat is there to warm you and allow you to flourish. Its energy nourishes the food you eat, while its light allows you to see the beauty in the world. The sun represents internal balance and burns with controlled power. Without the sun’s golden light, the spirit suffers. When we take time to bask in the sun, our spirit soars. “- Daily Om
This week allow yourself to experience the suns energy. You can reap the benefits of the sun by being in it for just a few minutes, , but please protect you skin and wear sun screen. Tadasana ( mountain pose), will help you feel connected to the earth, the sun, and to yourself.
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- Press evenly through all four corners of your feet.
- Engage your thighs and draw your buttocks down.
- Melt your shoulders down from your ears.
- Place your alms at your heart or raise your arms over your head as shown in this picture.
- Hold for 5 breathes.
- Let your spirit soar!