This weekend I was reminded of how lucky I am to have such good friends that I can laugh with, cry with, celebrate with, share yoga with, and simply enjoy life with. In this day in age we tend to get so caught up in our own lives that we forget to actually live it. Our need to sustain our living style actually gets in the way of enjoying life. I had my dear friends up to my new house this weekend and we literally just ate, drank and conversed. We even had a sleep over! The next day we enjoyed the out doors and more conversations, more food and the simplicity of hanging out together. It was so refreshing to just stop, breathe and live. This weekend reminded me of why I work so hard and commute so far. I love my new home and new life style. Living in the mountains has restored me, enlightened me, and has given me back my sight. I can see the world so much clearer and brighter. I find myself wanting to enjoy life more, slow down more, practice yoga more, and explore the nature surrounding me. I feel inspired to live.
So in this moment, I ask you, what inspires you to live your life? What is stopping you from enjoying the things you love to do? If it is the business of your work and home life, perhaps you can cut back somewhere. Here are a few suggestions to have more time to live and enjoy your life. Even five minutes a day can restore you.
- Wake up a few minutes earlier than normal and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea outside.
- Take a walk on your lunch break.
- Take your lunch break at a park.
- Take a break from Face Book. ( you would be surprised how extra time you really have)
- Take a walk after dinner.
- Do some yoga and/or meditation.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Most important- find some time to do NOTHING- just breathe and take in the sweetness that is your life.