- I am healing my gut and fixing the imbalance of candida (yeast) and bacteria in my body. This has been a very hard process ( I had to give up coffee and wine!), but results are paying off.
- I decreased my stress level. I let go of things and people that were causing me stress. This has been very hard for me. I am a people pleaser and I always blame myself when things go wrong. This is a work in progress, but I am learning to let go of the things I cannot control.
- I changed my workout routines to accommodate what my body can handle. I have been weight training to support my muscles around the joints that have arthritis. A big thank you to my trainer Michelle at Total Woman Gym!
- I am eating for my health and for what my body needs. I have learned to let go of the judgement and scrutiny from people who expect me to eat a certain way because I am a yoga teacher. I eat steak and bacon because my body needs it! I buy only high quality meat that is humanly raised.
- I get regular check ups form my doctors and found doctors that are willing to work with me as I go through this holistic approach to my health. My RA doc is on board with what I am doing and so supportive. I am an advocate for my own health and well-being.
- I am learning to love and accept myself. To trust myself and express my will. More on this on the next post!
Lastly, I want you to know that whatever you are going through, whether its physical or emotional pain, you can find your path to healing. Trust the process and accept that everyone heals differently and at their own pace. What works for one person, may not work for you. But, there is support out there. There are people that can guide you and help you along the way. Feel free to contact me for advice, and if I can’t help you, I can hopefully point you in the right direction.
I have been sharing the information I have learned about nutrition in workshops. If you missed them and would like to get the information contact me. We can set up a one on one session and go over the information. We can do this in person or via phone or Skype.
Have a beautiful day!