I absolutely love giraffes! They are beautiful and magical. Giraffes are non violent, very family orientated and live in groups. Maybe this is why I am so drawn to them. They have an innate sense of the world, spend a lot time with other giraffes, and try to live a calm and peaceful life. Sound familiar? All they need now is a yoga mat!
Here are some fun facts about giraffes that I thought you would enjoy.
- Giraffes walk by moving both legs on one side of the body and when they run they swing their legs in unison like most mammals.
- They sleep less than two hours a day.
- Females carry there babies for 15 months and give birth standing up.
- Young giraffes hang out in nursery groups until they are around 5 months old, resting and playing together while their mothers forage in the distance.
- The average height of a giraffe is 16-18 feet.
- They spend most of their day eating and consume over a 100 pounds of twigs and leaves a day.
- Giraffes spend most of their lives standing up, including sleeping and giving birth.
- No two giraffes have the same spot pattern.
- Giraffes are peaceful, sociable animals, and rarely fight.
- In New Age religion the giraffe is a symbol for intuition and flexibility.
Looking to relax, be sociable, enjoy nature, and find some peace? Sign up for one of my up coming yoga retreats! I host my retreats right out of my home in the mountains. Space is limited and spots have been filling up fast, so don’t delay, contact me to register.