During this busy time of the year we may feel a little scattered and pulled in many directions; therefore practicing some balance poses will help center you. Additionally, Balance poses help to calm us, bring us clarity, build strength, and help us focus. Next time you are feeling the pressures of the world or over whelmed with the amount of things you need to get done, pause, breathe, and take a tree pose.
Here are some teaching tips:
- Begin in mountain pose.
- Bend your right knee and turn turn leg out to the right.
- Press down with the mound of toe on your left leg.
- Engage your left thigh and firm your buttocks.
- Place your right foot on your leg and continue to firm your hips.
- Press your palms together and relax your shoulders.
- Let your eye gaze become soft.
- Hold 5 breaths.
- Repeat on the left side.